Begin From Where You Are




Last week I did a Webinar on "How to get your first 1,000 visitors for free". Special thanks for Mark Roth from Offer Vault who had me on as a guest. As an experiment, I gave my email out to participants so they could ask Internet marketing questions. I received about a dozen or so questions and came to an interesting conclusion.

Each of us is in a different place when it comes to Internet marketing. Some people are just starting out while others are much more advanced. For example, in the area of SEO, I was asked, "where is the best place to buy a domain name" to "does having an individual IP address for each affiliate web site have a direct impact search rankings?"

It just goes to show that each of us may be at a different stage in our online marketing career(s). As a result, it's my advice to find resources that are appropriate for different stages of marketing. Whether you are focus on marketing as a whole (American marketing association) or SEO (SEOmoz), there are plenty of resources targeted to your current level of expertise. 

Always keep learning
I think the most important thing to keep in mind is to always keep learning. Even as someone with 13 years of internet marketing experience, I am still listening to other people's webinars, reading their articles, and blog posts. This is important because one person can't know everything there is to know about Internet marketing. 

Ask for help
Sometimes, even I get stuck. That's why I depend on resources like the Internet marketing forum to get answers to my most difficult marketing questions. Not only can I ask questions, but contribute on topics aligned with my expertise. 

Learn from doing
The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn by doing. Today, marketing online doesn't take much of an investment. I have learned the most by listening, reading, and then doing. It's great if you have help, but if not, don't hesitate to try something online. Whether it's SEO, PPC marketing, or affiliate marketing, you're going to gain valuable insight into what you're trying to accomplish.

Don't be concerned if you're just starting out. Now is the best time to be engaged with Internet marketing. Find a resource that works for you and engage. Over time, you'll be so knowledgeable about Internet marketing that others will seek out your advice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Business Strategy | Business Plans | Powered by BloggerTheme by Donkrax